The holiday season is right around the corner, and we are pretty sure that you must be on the lookout for some thoughtful (yet unique) gift ideas for your friends and family. This year, when everyone is confined within the four walls of their homes, we suggest that you give your beloved homeowners some useful plumbing tools (yes, you read that right!) that can come in handy in the time of need.
Having the right equipment for your water system is essential, especially because the pipes are more likely to be frozen and ruptured in the winter season. So, why not give your loved ones one (or more) of these plumbing tools?
- Pipe wrench and adjustable wrench: The faithful pipe wrench can be used to tighten or loosen fittings and pipes. Adjustable wrenches, on the other hand, can be used on plumbing parts that have hex-shaped nuts.
- Plunger: Plungers are a must-have in every house! We can’t stress that enough. No matter how stubborn the blockage, a plunger is always useful in dislodging one.
- Pliers: Pliers are useful tools that can be used to grab, pull, twist, tighten, and loosen things.
- Plumber’s tape: This is yet another essential tool that can be used to seal up plumbing connections. It seals effectively and provides long-lasting connections.
- Hacksaw: A hacksaw is used to cut pipes, screws, and nuts.
- Measuring tape: A measuring tape is another must-have that every homeowner should own. When you are out looking for one, get a 3/4th inch-wide model that easily locks.
- Flashlights: While there are flashlights available on our smartphones, sometimes, we just need a powerful one. Gift it to your family, and they would always remember you in those ‘dark’ times.
- Cordless drill: You know the drill when it comes to drilling. These cordless drills are great for both bigger and smaller renovation or building projects. The best part is that you need not be near a plug outlet to use a cordless drill.
- Toolbox: What can be more frustrating than not owning the right tools when the need arises? Well, it is not finding the right tools at the right time. That, in fact, defeats the whole purpose of owning tools. Toolboxes are the central repository of all the tools. Tools can be easily organized and protected inside a toolbox. Your recipient will love this gift.
- Magnetic pick-up tool: This is a gift that can easily fit inside a stocking. As the name implies, these tools have a magnet attached at the end. They can be extended to 30 inches and be used to pick up items weighing as much as 20 pounds.
- Magnetic steel bowl: The magnet bowl is just the right home for the small nuts and bolts. Your loved ones will highly appreciate this gift as it will keep those nuts and bolts contained while working.
If you give any of these tools to your family and friends, you are simply making their DIY projects a bit easier. The best part? You will be lauded for your creative, unconventional ideas. The second-best part? Plumbing tools are surprisingly affordable!