Summer is here and with it comes yard work and maintenance tasks. We want to help you with our checklist of “to-do’s” for your home.
- Check your irrigation system. A leaking irrigation system can cause really big problems for your lawn, garden and foundation. If water consistently leaks near the home, you may end up with water in the basement.
- Maintain your air conditioner and fans. It’s a good idea to have your ac system checked to see if it needs to be charged. However, if you opt out and experience problems, you can always contact us for service. While you’re at it, dust off those ceiling fans to prevent dust from flying through the air.
- Inspect your garage. Did critters make a spring home in some warm spot in your garage? Is the garage door opening well? Maybe you simply need to clean out snow and salt residue from the winter and get rid of items you no longer need.
- Clean the grill. Even if you have used it all winter long, now is the time to check hoses for leaks and clean the cooking surface.
- Wash the windows both inside and out if you didn’t tackle them last fall. While you’re at it, spray down the screens for a crystal clear view.
- Clean out your landscaping beds and add more mulch. Be sure that your landscaping directs the flow of water away from your foundation to avoid water issues down the road.
- Clean out those gutters. Between maple seeds, fluffy cottonwood seeds and leftover fall debris, your gutters are sure to need a good cleaning. When you’re near the roof, glance at your shingles to see if any need to be repaired or replaced.
- If you haven’t already done so, take a walk around your home’s exterior to check for any problems. Perhaps a piece of siding has come loose or you have a bee hive on your porch. Maintenance doesn’t take time off and summer is the easiest time to tackle problems.
If you need help with any plumbing concerns, be sure to reach out to us and schedule an appointment. Make time to tackle this and other home maintenance items and enjoy the summer of 2020.