The main sewer line in your home is like a plumbing hub. It connects all the plumbing fixtures, drains, and pipes in your home. While they work hard to carry waste and water from your home, these lines are not immune from blockages, clogs or collapse. This means that over time you may need sewer line repair from a professional.
Signs of a blocked, clogged or collapsed sewer line can include:
- Slow drains in the kitchen or bathroom sinks
- Water back up in the shower
- Overflowing or backed up toilets
- An unpleasant sewage smell
- Gurgling sounds in the drain
- Standing water or an indentation in an area of your lawn
- Water that comes up in a sink when the toilet flushes
Sometimes a drain snake or drain cleaner will be enough to clear a minor blockage and can be worth a try. However, there are often times you will need to seek the assistance of an experienced plumber in order to replace or repair the section of line that is damaged in order to be sure the job is done correctly.
There are a number of reasons a sewer line might become clogged or broken.
- Tree roots may be growing into the line
- Ground settling after the removal of trees
- Foreign objects that have entered the line underground
- Objects that have been flushed (but shouldn’t have been)
- Damage to the line from construction
- Clogs from hair and soap scum
- Sediment collecting in the pipes
- Chemicals that cause corrosion in the drain lines
- Ground freezing
We’re Here When You Need Us Most
At E&K Contractors, we realize that you need fast response when a sewer or water line backs up. Our team is ready to respond to your needs professionally and quickly in order to keep issues from becoming worse. You can reach us 24/7 for emergency services by calling 419.474.9454.